Parent Visa

Parent Visa

Australia offers a scope of Parent Visas for people who are the parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents. For most Parent visas there are several requirements.

  1. The applicant must clear the “Balance of Family” test, in which they have a greater number of kids living permanently in Australia than in some other nation.

  2. They must be “sponsored” by one of those kids staying permanently in Australia and that kid must have resided in Australia for at least 2 years.

  3. For permanent parent visa, the applicant must have an Assurance of Support from an Australian citizen, permanent resident or organization. A bond is also paid to Centrelink as part of the Assurance.

Our registered migration (MARA) agent is specialized in Parent Visa. Whether inside or outside Australia, we can assist you in a range of Australian visas. Contact us to get updated information.

General eligibility criteria
  • You have a child who is either an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealandcitizen.

  • Before you lodge your application, your child should be living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years.

  • You have a sponsor.

  • You meet the Balance of Family test criteria.

  • You meet health and character requirements.

Duration of Parent Visa
  • Live in Australian for up to 2 years as a temporary resident, or

  • Live in Australia as an Australian permanent resident.

Requirements for Sponsor
  • A sponsor must be 18 years of age or elder.

  • He/She must have resided in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before the parent lodges their visa application.

Types of Parent Visa options

A. Parent (Subclass 103) – Permanent residency

This visa provides the facility to live indefinitely in Australi to the parents of an Australian citizen, an Australia permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. However, this parent visa is more affordable than any other option but is also lengthier than others and here lengthier means processing time of many years.

  • You are applying outside Australia.

  • You have a child living in Australia who can sponsor you.

  • You want a permanent residency in Australia.

  • You must meet the Balance of family test.

  • You must meet health and character requirements.

B. Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 173/884) – Provisional Residency

C. Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 143/884) – Permanent Residency

D. Aged Parent (Subclass 804) – Permanent Resident

E. Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) – Provisional Residency